|NIH Electronic Council Book|
|Change Password Facility for Council Members|
Summary of the new ECB Password and Security Policy:
- Users must change their passwords at least every 180 days.
- Password length must be at least eight (8) characters.
- The password must contain a mixture of letters, numbers and special characters.
- The first and last characters cannot be numbers.
- The password cannot contain the user’s login name.
- Passwords cannot be re-used for a period of one year.
- The account will be locked after five(5) consecutive unsuccessful login attempts. You should contact your IC account administrator to have your account unlocked and/or password reset.
- Unless created by the user, initial passwords are pre-expired. (If your password is reset, you will have to reset it when you login).